Face / Neck Lift
Your face is the first impression you make and one of the most lasting impressions you leave. It’s also the part of your body that’s most exposed to the elements — day in and day out, your face is at the mercy of sun, gravity, pollution, extreme temperatures and other environmental stressors. No wonder it’s typically the first area to show signs of wear and tear.
As prevailing attitudes about aging and appearance evolve, more men are turning back the clock with facial rejuvenation procedures. New surgical approaches and better understanding of men’s aesthetic goals allow for effective enhancement of the male face while preserving a natural, masculine look. Nonsurgical options, including injectables, chemical peels and laser treatments, are the first line of defense against early signs of aging. However, as the aging process progresses, there comes a time when these methods no longer produce the desired results and the surgical approach becomes a consideration.
A facelift (or rhytidectomy) with or without eyelid rejuvenation can create dramatic improvements in both your appearance and your confidence. Male facelift surgery focuses on correcting lack of definition in the jawline, muscle laxity in the cheeks, deep creases in the lower eyelids, fat deposits under the chin and sagging skin along the neck. Dr. Anthony Terrasse is a board-certified plastic surgeon who has decades of experience performing cosmetic treatments for men. If you’re ready to look younger, healthier, sexier and more energetic, contact Terrasse Aesthetic Surgery to learn more about our male facelift procedures.
Special Considerations for Male Plastic Surgery
Facelifts for men and facelifts for women share the same essential goal: to erase signs of aging and give a more youthful appearance to the face. Any facelift aims to improve definition and contours, reposition loose tissue, smooth lines and wrinkles, and restore volume where it is needed. However, there are some gender-specific factors to consider when approaching male plastic surgery.
In most cases, male patients are less accepting of a noticeably enhanced look than female patients. Attempts to correct signs of aging in a male patient to the same extent as a female patient can make a man’s face look odd or excessively “done.” Because most men do not have long hair or wear makeup, male patients also tend to have more concerns about the location of incisions. Dr. Terrasse adapts his technique to ensure male facelift scars are as inconspicuous as possible, even with a short hairstyle.
A men’s facelift takes into account the differences in male and female anatomy, as well as differences in trends and aesthetic preferences between the sexes. Male plastic surgery typically avoids adjustments that could make a patient look less masculine. For example, a high, arched brow looks beautiful on many women, but raising a man’s brow too much can give him an overly feminine appearance. For men, a strong and defined jaw, chin and neck are considered classically handsome features. Male facial surgery enhances these features, while women sometimes want them softened if they are naturally prominent. It’s important to select a surgeon who understands these nuances in order to get the best possible result from a male facelift.
Men’s Facelift Techniques
Your first visit to Terrasse Aesthetic Surgery will be a consultation with Dr. Terrasse. In this initial appointment, he will assess your face and discuss your goals for your facelift. Each procedure is approached differently, as each patient is unique in their needs and anatomy. Depending on what you would like to achieve, Dr. Terrasse will design a customized surgical plan involving one of the following facelift options:
- Traditional Facelift – A traditional facelift improves sagging skin, loss of volume in the face and deep folds around the nose and mouth. It addresses the lower two-thirds of the face (the area between the lower eyelids and neck), as well as excess skin and loose muscles on the neck that create a “turkey wattle.” A traditional facelift yields the most dramatic results.
- Mid-Facelift – A mid-facelift improves wrinkles and age-related volume loss in the zone between the eyes and the mouth. This technique can be ideal for patients who have mild lower facial aging and moderate to severe mid-facial aging. By avoiding the more extensive corrections of a traditional facelift, a mid-facelift shortens recovery and reduces scarring.
- Mini Face Lift – A mini face lift is the least invasive surgical option. This procedure uses shorter incisions to create a more youthful appearance with less downtime and discomfort, but it has minimal effect on the neck and jowls. A mini facelift is best for younger patients who want to address early signs of aging before they become more apparent.
- Non Surgical Facelift – A non surgical facelift is a combination of noninvasive and minimally invasive procedures that temporarily refresh the appearance. Men desiring a conservative approach to facial rejuvenation or a rapid recovery time may prefer this option. Although it cannot achieve the extensive improvements of a surgical procedure, the anti-aging results from a non surgical facelift can still be significant.
- Neck Lift – Aesthetically speaking, the neck and jawline are among the most important areas of a man’s face. When they are well-defined, they give the appearance of health, athleticism, masculinity and youthful good looks. Sculpting the neck is a critical ingredient in a men’s facelift. Liposuction is sufficient to achieve this for some patients, while others require a laser assisted liposuction and skin tightening procedure or a face/neck lift combined with liposuction.
Schedule a ConsultationSchedule Now
Meet Your Male Facelift Surgeon in Lake Forest
It’s easy to write off your first signs of aging. Those grays at your temples, those fine lines near your eyes — they’re signs of wisdom and experience. You might even like your rugged, distinguished new look. But eventually lines become wrinkles and wrinkles become folds. Skin sags and jowls form. The creases under your eyes make you look tired no matter how much you rest. And no amount of eating right or working out can give you the taut, well-contoured neck and jaw you used to enjoy.
A facelift is the gold standard procedure for reversing facial aging. If you believe your face no longer reflects how youthful and fit you feel, we invite you to visit Terrasse Aesthetic Surgery to find out whether a male facelift can give your appearance the boost it needs. Call us today at 847-234-2400 to schedule your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Terrasse.